Friday, February 4, 2011

If The Shoe Fits....

Wear it.  The shoe I'm referring to is "Adulthood".  If it fits; slip it on, lace it up, and get your groove on!  This has never been more true for me and I came to this realization just a few days ago while in Lowes. 

Clint and I were in the appliance department shopping for a new refrigerator.  That's right folks.  A new fridge has me weak in the knees.  There I was surrounded by all the wonder!  Chrome.  Stainless Steel.  Black.  White.  French Door.  Side-by-Side.  25 cubic feet.  29 CUBIC FEET!!  The grin on my face was bigger than when I was 7 years old and found myself in Heaven.  As a child, that was easily labeled Hershey, PA.

Back to Lowes.  I felt like I was in a musical!  I wanted to run down the aisles with my arms out-stretched while singing something off Broadway.  I was imagining myself in my June Cleaver dress, with my heels and apron, perfectly sprayed up-do, and bright red lipstick, loading my new refrigerator with wondrous goodies from the market.  I never thought in my youth that a new appliance would be more exciting than toys.

A few days later, I was standing in front of the white box we currently have with a smile on my face.  (This fridge has thrown up the middle's and said, "I'm out!"....or, is on it's last leg.)  I was envisioning my new white, 29 cubic foot, french door refrigerator with the pull-out freezer drawer and dual ice maker.

As if that wasn't enough, Clint then said he wanted to go look at washers and dryers sometime in the near future.  I don't know what I did to deserve this but I can't wait to think about doing laundry now too!

3 comments:

  1. TOO FUNNY!!!! Thanks for the big grins and smiles!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are more than welcome, ma'am!! Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you there on appliances. And I just love gadgets. Caught a visual of you running down the aisles. Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete