Tuesday, February 8, 2011

It Wasn't Me....

So, I've done alot of posting about Jett, (of course) and Hailey and Haiden.  I'm sure some of you are wondering "What about Ethan?"  Well, I'll tell you all about him.....

He's going through a phase right now.  It's a tough one and I'm ready for him to move on.  He's not just knocking on the door of obnoxiousness, he's busted through it!  This kid is a nut lately!  I'm already having a hard time dealing with the fact that he'll be 5 this May.  That's a big deal for me.  It's like it's the age where they stop being your little baby and start being this older kid.  I just don't want to face it.  He's getting so big.

Along with getting older comes a new level of smarty-ness.  (Is that a word?  Oh well, it is now.)  I think his goal in life right now is to annoy the snot out of his siblings as much as possible.  Most of the time, I secretly laugh and cheer him on as I hear the torture.  His little giggle is contagious and you can't help but laugh at their frustrations.

On top of driving us all nutty, his favorite pastime now is talking about farts.  Yep.  That's right.  Farts, burps, gas, smelly feet, dog farts, and bowel movements.  This is fun stuff.  I'm certain it's a boy thing because I don't remember my sweet little Hailey talking about this stuff.  He doesn't even need an audience.  He makes himself laugh, which then makes me laugh.  He's a little stinker these days, but he's still my baby.

And with all that being said, he's the greatest big brother!  He's so good to Jett.  I wasn't sure how he'd react to having a little brother, and not being the baby anymore, but I've had no reason to worry at all.  He's amazing!  He's had wonderful examples to follow from Hailey and Haiden.  It's not uncommon for me to tell him to "STOP kissing him and let him sleep!"

Ethan was this little when he would sit in Katie's kitty bed.

Now he looks like this!
It's like trying to stuff sausage back into the casing....
It just doesn't fit.


This is his "trying not to smile" smile.

Being silly....what he does best.

Playing cars with Dad and Jetty.

His favorite thing is the Wii in the morning.
And in the afternoon.
And in the evening.

On a nicer day enjoying the sun.

My baby.
Is turning into my little man.
*Disclaimer:  I wrote this VERY late at night.  If it's terrible, or doesn't make any sense, that's why.

3 comments:

  1. He sounds like he is such a good big brother to Jett so far. :) The beating each other up comes later...in their teens. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm trying to prepare myself for those days....I'm sure they're just around the corner!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He does look very grown up! I was just thinking to myself also that my "baby" is around the corner for the big number 5 also!! :( We can cry the same week for each other! I have been snuggling up all the extra time with my Thomas before the next baby arrives.

    ReplyDelete