Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Barely.

This thing is barely on.

I made this big dramatic post about gettin' mah groove back and then I fizzled out like this generation's 4th of July sparklers.  ('Cause let's face it.....they don't make 'em like they used to.  We'd light 'em and something was sure to catch on fire, including but not limited to: clothes, hair, flesh, lawn furniture, lawns, etc.  They sparked like a dragging muffler and lasted forever!)

But really.  I constantly have blogging on my mind.  And like the above, I'm constantly making jokes, (to myself, of course), that I think would go great in a post.  Except I have to go in the basement and turn on my dinosaur computer to do it.  And so I tell myself I'll do it another day.  And now it's almost May.  Oh my gosh, I just rhymed!  No way!

(It's sad how many times I've made myself chuckle already.  And used parenthesis.)

Moving forward:

Let me pick a topic, find some pictures, and entertain you for a moment.  I mean, document my family life to preserve history for my children.

We're gonna call this "Random".  Because that's the best way to jump back in.  Shove it all down your throat at once.

For Spring Break we spent one of our days off at the Manitou Cliff Dwellings.  I'm a history nerd and I think it's rubbing off on my kids.  They enjoy looking at artifacts from long ago and seeing how life was so different for people before our time.

No field trip is complete without something from the giftshop.
The Lone Ranger meets bank robber.
He loves wearing gloves.

This guy got his first pocket knife.  (I bet he doesn't know where it is now.)
And a suction cup bow and arrow set.

This is Haiden.  Being Haiden.
Just taking this picture made the little brothers laugh hysterically.
And he was so happy with his switchblade comb
and glow in the dark rock.  It's the little things.....

This was not something from the gift shop.
This was sad me.
Getting a root canal just one week later.
I'm thinking of using this for my next headshot, should I ever need one again.

And, as of a few weeks ago, my sweet girl is a working girl!
Wait, not the Julia Roberts, 'Pretty Woman' kind.
We're so proud of her!

This one is just sweet.  All jokes aside, Jett loves his big sissy
and I think she's pretty in love with him too.
So, this was just a screen shot of our life.  A quick flash of a few things that have passed.  Because whether I write about them or not, they continue to pass.  I better play catch up.

No comments:

Post a Comment