Monday, March 14, 2011

And Then There Was None....

Sickness, that is.

First, let me begin by apologizing.  I'm sorry for keeping you all dangling for so long.  I believe it was 3 weeks ago now since "The Gombu" first entered our home.  When you have 11 children, like we do, you don't seem to all share colds and gunk at once, (Which now I'm grateful for.  I'll explain later.)  One child contracts something vile and then remembers that golden rule from Kindergarten about sharing and passes it on to the next one.

I believe God wanted me to remember that there's a reason things happen the way they do, and to always be grateful, no matter how the chips may fall.....

In all my alertness, at about 3 am one morning, I remember asking God,

"Why can't my kids just get all the gunk all at once so we can just be done for the year."

I'm fairly certain what I meant to say went more like this,

"What if one kid got a cold, it didn't last very long, and it was counted as everyone's cold and we didn't get sick for the rest of the year?"

They sound similar, right?  Not sure how it got twisted....Huh.  Anyway, what happened was 3 weeks of sickness for my poor little Jett dabbled with a vomit bug here, and a snotty nose there by a few of the others.

After an 8 hour stay at the ER, and many days of pajamas, Bubble Guppies, Pedialyte, and Motrin, we nailed down what was going on with them; cold bug, respiratory infection, double ear infection, eating too much of something too sweet, sinus infection, more cold bug; and now I think we're on the road to better health.  I'm not sure who had what at this point since the last few weeks are a blur and I call each kid by the wrong name most of the time anyway.  Although, I think I can narrow it down mostly to Ethan and Jett.  Hopefully the right one's were given antibiotics and the others, hand sanitizer and Lysol wipes.  With that being said, I'm crossing my fingers to a clean bill of health for the rest of 2011!

No comments:

Post a Comment