Monday, January 24, 2011

All-star Hailey...

This year Hailey decided she wanted to go out for Basketball.  This was a new thing for her and she has a rather subdued temperment so I wasn't sure if this would be her cup of tea.  Well, she's already surprised me and it's just the beginning of the season.  I can't wait to see how much she grows and learns the ins and outs of bball!
Her coach told her, "You're one of my tallest girls.  I need you to get aggressive."
I told her, "Pretend your playing against Haiden and he's irritating you again."

She's #11.  Already lookin' like she's got some skills.

I had to add this one.....she's running.  We had a talk with her about moving her tail and this is proof that she's really started to do it!

Going up for the block.

Her biggest fan!
I'm not sure who inspired her more but whichever the suggestion, it's working.  When thinking about how life would be when I grew up, I don't know if I ever imagined myself as "the sports mom".  I don't know if I gave it that much thought.  All I know is I'm really enjoying it.  It's so fun to be loud and obnoxious, wait, I mean....Cheer for her!  All kidding aside, it's really fun to see my daughter growing into a little athletic girl and I can't wait to see what the future has in store....

No comments:

Post a Comment