Sunday, January 30, 2011

Guess Who's a Big Boy Now......

Friday morning I took Jett to his 12 month well baby appointment.  I had it scheduled in December around his birthday but he wasn't feeling well so I decided to put it off until after the holidays.  Ok, clearly it's now after the holidays.

He was such a good boy at the dr.  (He's a good boy everywhere!)  I stripped him down to his diaper and he loved it!  He weighs 20lbs. 2.6oz. and is 30" tall.  Yay!  He's finally big enough to face forward.  But actually, I'm going to keep him backward for a while.  I'm just too lazy to switch the car seat around.

As you may remember, he's been very tiny from day 1 and hasn't been on the growth charts.  Nothing worrisome, he just wasn't a big guy.  He's now 10th percentile in weight, 50th in height, and 25th in head.  According to the dr. this is a HUGE growth spurt.  Yay for whole milk and table food!!  Yes, he's still nursing but not much.  Mostly just for comfort or anytime related to sleeping.

I know this wasn't the typical humorous post about the antics of my wild children and our hectic life.  I just wanted to share with everyone how big my little man is getting.  I can't believe so much time has gone by already.  It's slightly depressing.  Only slightly.  Potty training is not far around the corner.

Look at my cute little man!  He makes this face often.
Hopefully he doesn't have my upper lip.  Wait, I don't have one.

Look how chubby those cheeks are.  So kissable.

He loves to "swim" in the tub.
I have to fight to wash his front side because it means he has to get up.
He also dunks his chin and mouth in the water to make a bubble beard.  It's kinda hard to see...

Look at this chubby kid waitin' for the dr.
I love his toes.

I was worried she (the dr.) would suggest the "man-zierre" or the "bro".
Look at his little man-boobies!  We lovingly refer to them as his "moobs".  Hahahaha!!

"You talkin' to me??

He didn't appreciate how close she was standing.  Notice the scale!!  Woo Hoo!
Ok, that's all I've got for now.  I'll post some of Haiden's basketball game later.  I need to get in a different frame of mind for that one.....Until next time.

4 comments:

  1. I like the dots and stripes! CUTE!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so awesome! Yeah Chloe was a really small baby too, and actually she is still small. She is Tall and skinny, but Aaron was like that too, so it's no surprise. :) Yay for growth! He is so cute! It is crazy how fast they grow up the first year! And btw your blog is looking so cute! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete