Wednesday, January 12, 2011

What is this world coming to!

I felt compelled to share this....
So, there I am driving the kids to school this morning.  I'm almost to the drop off point at Haiden's school when the lady in the minivan in front of me decides to stop and chat with a friend she sees on the sidewalk.  The first thought in my mind is, "she's gonna pull over."  The thoughts following were obscene so I won't repeat them here.  I'm trying to curb my dirty trucker mouth.  Anyway, I sit and wait as she doesn't move.  She stops in the middle of the road, rolls down her window, and starts yuckin' it up with the guy, who's apparently just hanging out in the warm 11* air.  It takes a lot of self control these days when I'm out in public so I take a deep breath and realize, she's retarded, and now I'm pissed.  I'm trying to get my son to school and this idiot doesn't care that she's blocking the road!  See what I'm saying?  What's this world coming to?  How is it all about her this morning?  How rude.  It's okay.  I fixed it.  I'm sure the sleeping neighbors appreciated hearing my blowing horn at 8:15am.  I have things to do.  Get out of my way.  Oh, and it's people like her that give minivan drivers like me a bad name.  I drive mine like it's a Humvee, only not the fancy one you can buy at Phil Long.  I drive it like it's the one I had in Iraq, going over jumps and running people off the road.  It's dark green and lightning fast.  If you see it coming I suggest you get out of the way.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh! All I have to say is... I love you! You crack me up!!

    ReplyDelete